In order to strengthen its presence in the international context, UNL fosters the participation of its academic community in international projects and missions to different countries overseas.
The University has entered into 480 agreements with different governments, organizations, and world-leading academic institutions in order to implement exchange, reciprocal cooperation and partnership programs. Although these agreements are related to specific proposals/projects, their scope can be extended to include new projects put forward by the university community.
References of international agreements map: green: America; blue: Africa; light yellow: Asia; mustard color: Portugal; burgundy: Spain; red: France; violet: Italy; dark yellow: Germany; pink: rest of Europe.
Erasmus+ is the EU’s program to support education, training, youth and sport in Europe. Created by the European Commission for the 2014-2020 period, it groups together programs such as Alfa, Edulink Tempus, Leonardo and Erasmus, among others.
UNL has actively participated in Erasmus+ Programme since its inception. This Programme has a strong international dimension, especially in the field of higher education, and fosters institutional cooperation and the mobility of young people and staff worldwide.
UNL has participated as a full member in 7 Capacity Building Projects in the field of higher education, with 29 European universities and 59 Latin-American universities.
Besides, UNL has participated in 17 Mobility Projects for people with 12 partner universities from 9 countries: Croatia, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Portugal and Romania. In this context, a total number of 42 students and researchers-lecturers have participated in this Mobility Programme.
These are some of the projects UNL has participated in:
– “ACAI-LA – Adoption of Quality, Accessibility and Innovation Approaches in Higher Education in Latin America”. Coordinator: Universidad de Alcalá de Henares (Spain).
– “MUSE – Disability and Modernity: Ensuring Quality Education for Disabled Students”. Coordinator: University of Viña del Mar (Chile).
– History, Art and Humanities: Ca´Foscari University of Venice (Italy).
– Engineering: University of La Sapienza (Italy).
– Architecture and Urban Planning: University of Thessaly (Greece).
– Lactic and Probiotic Bacteria: University of Turku, Finland.
– “Medical Image Processing”. Coordinator: University of Óbuda, Budapest (Hungary).
– Biological and Related and Food Processing. Coordinator: Karlovac University of Applied Sciences, Croatia.
– Linkyou project: Cooperation between Latin America and Europe to employability.
– LATWORK- Developing research and innovation capacities of Latinamerican HEI for the analysis of informal labour market.
– EQUAM-LA – Enhancing QUAlity Management & Recognition in Latin American universities to underpin the Latin American Higher Educatoiin Space.
– “LISTO – Latin American and European Cooperation on Innovation and Entrepreneurship”. Coordinator: Uppsala University, Sweden.
– “RecMat – Recognition Matters”. Coordinator: University of Porto, Portugal.